Campus Rules & Discipline
Aims at acquiring self control, realization of acceptable limit and there by learning where to stop in one's own emotional outcomes.
The students and staff are expected to be well disciplined. They should uphold the integrity of the Nation and have a gentlemanly behavior suitable for Technical Institution of Higher learning.
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the campus
The Government Prohibition of Ragging Act 1988 is in force and those found guilty of ragging will be liable to be punished with imprisonment up to 2 years along with fine. An anti - ragging Committee is on the vigil in the campus. The students / parents can report incidents of ragging to any member of the college staff.
- Mobile Phone is restricted.
- Regular Classes : 9.30 am to 4.45 pm (Lunch break: 1.45 pm to 2.30 pm)
- Office : 9.15 am to 5.00 pm (Lunch break: 2.00 pm to 2.30 pm)
- Library : 9.30 am to 5.00 pm (may open upto 11.00 pm on students requirements.
- Computer Centre : 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
- College Stores : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Gents : Gents: White shirt (full sleeves), Single pocket, tucked inside pants and belt. Granite grey trousers with college tie.
Ladies: Same as boys with un-tucked shirt.
In addition to the above uniform both boys and girls will wear Navy Blue Blazer and fully covered shoes with socks.
Note: All students should wear Identity Card visibly.
Attendance and Leave Regulations
Students are expected to attend all classes without fail. As per University norms, minimum attendance of 70% for first mid semester test, 75% for second mid semester test and 75% for end semester examinations is compulsory. If for unavoidable reasons, leave of absence is required, permission from competent authority should be sought as detailed below.
- All leave applications will be submitted in the Office of Dean Students Welfare, who is the competent authority to sanction all types of leaves to students.
- A student can be granted ordinary leave of up to maximum 3days at a time provided the application for leave is submitted within 7days of return from leave. No leave application will be entertained after this period. However in exceptional cases, the sanctioning authority may relax these limits, if he deems fit.
- Students may apply for leave on medical grounds, within 7 working days after returning from leave. A medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner advising rest for the desired period should invariably be attached with the application. Application without medical certificate will be outrightly rejected. The students should keep records of medical leave sanctioned. In the event of a student falling short of attendance, condonation of shortage of attendance within the permissible limits may be considered if he/she produces records to show that leave has been applied for and granted in time.
- Students are eligible for duty leave if they perform a certain kind of duty for or on behalf of the college (viz. participation in Tech Fest, Sports Tournaments, Paper Presentation etc.). Duty leave will be granted by the Director on the recommendation of the Chairman SAC. Application for such leave must be submitted before proceeding for the event. However, exoneration from attendance in classes will be given by Chairman SAC only after submission of proof of attending the event. The records of such exoneration should be shown to the respective staff members and get it entered in the attendance register immediately after participation. The duty leave is limited to a maximum of 10% of the number of working days in a semester.